Call me cliche, but I love Fall in Chicago. This season is amazing everywhere, but I think this city, and the surrounding area, does it best. From the Fests, to the leaves changing in our many beautiful parks to the apple and pumpkin picking in the nearby suburbs, Chicago has everything you could want for your Fall bucket list. Last weekend, we went apple picking with my family in Wisconsin and it made me think of all the other Fall activities I’d like to get to before it gets too cold. We have about a month and a half before the cold sets in and the craziness of the holidays begin. Here’s hoping we get to everything before then!
- Jump on a haunted boat tour with Seadog: I saw an ad for this on Facebook and was instantly interested. I love the boat tours here in Chicago and a haunted tour would a fun twist on an already great experience.
- Take a Midwestern road trip: I’m getting a little greedy with all of my Midwestern road trips, but I can’t resist seeing the colors change across state lines. I would love to head down to Nashville, IN or up to La Crosse, WI for a night or two just to take in the scenery.
- Walk along the lake on the south shore: I’ve never ventured past 12th street beach on the south shore of Lake Michigan and I’ve heard it’s beautiful. I would love to head over to the South Shore Cultural Center and stroll along the lakefront in the perfect Fall weather.
- Have a bonfire: This is a quintessential Fall task for me; there’s nothing better than sitting around the fire with friends. Not only is it super cozy and comes with great snacks (s’mores anyone??), there is no better smell than a Fall bonfire.
- Run the Ditka Dash: This might be cheating a little bit, because I’m already signed up, which means this task is definitely happening, but I’ve always wanted to run this 5K. The registration fee includes aviators, a mustache and a shirt that looks like Coach Ditka’s classic Bears sweater!
- Enjoy a classic horror flick at the Logan Theater: Every year, the Logan Theater shows classic horror movies every night during the month of October. This year, they are showing The Birds, The Shining, The Exorcist, and other such gems. We’re planning on seeing Friday The 13th on 10/13.
- Carve pumpkins: Michael and I buy a pumpkin each year at the Apple Orchard, and every year we say we’re going to carve it. Then, come Thanksgiving, we’re tossing it in the garbage because it’s mushy on one side and smells weird. This is the year. We’re doing it.
- Go to a Bears Game: This might be a long shot, but I love my Bears, despite their record, and would love to go to another game. Maybe since they aren’t doing so hot this year, the tickets will be cheaper. Here’s hoping!
What do you love about Fall in Chicago? What’s on your Fall bucket list?